Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tuesday in Kunming

Tuesday in Kunming
Well it has been a long day. At breakfast I couldn’t believe what this kid could eat! She had a hard boiled egg, two bowls of fried rice, and a bowl of rice congee, a serving of fried zucchini, two slices of watermelon, a roll, and a half a slice of French toast. Where does she put it all?! The only problem is between Baby Bug and Mei Mei; I don’t get much time to eat. Mei Mei gets upset if you don’t keep her mouth full. When we went back up to the room Mei Mei fell asleep. Dad stayed to nap with her and I took Baby Bug to Green Lake Park. If you ever come to Kunming a word of warning: NEVER TAKE A CHILD TO THE PARK DESSED IN SHORTS, especially if said child is Chinese. I got chewed out royally by every old lady, and elderly man in the park LOL. I cam back to the room and changed her into long pants. :-) I then went to the gaisi (open market) and searched for hair bands as ours appeared to have been left in Beijing. I was able to find pretty hair bows as well. When I got back I woke Mei Mei up, as she had been asleep for 3 hours. Dad and I put the girls in strollers and took them for a walk in the park. This time we got lots of thumbs up and lucky baby comments.
After that our guide picked us up to go see the orphanage. The orphanage was spotless, but they didn’t allow us to see many children. Mei Mei was in the ergo carrier, and anytime a nanny approached us she kept a death grip on mama. :-) I don’t think she has really atached to us yet, but she thinks we are the best nannies she has had LOL. We went to dinner at a local place the guide had pointed out. The food wasn’t that good. Mei Mei was a rat and I ended up walking her outside the restaurant a good part of the meal. She has a very loud yell when she wants too. She did say her first English word, MAMA. For her it is just a name to call me, she has no concept of what a mama is.

Love you all,

No comments: