Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thursday
Baby Bug is still not feeling great so we have stayed in a lot of the day. Baby Bug does really well when the medicine is in her but for about an hour before she can take more she is one sick little girl. We are trying to keep the rest of us from getting sick, but it is a small room. Lisa, our guide made it clear that this happened because I took Baby Bug for a walk in the morning time Tuesday LOL. It is very Chinese to feel that the cooler air caused this. I got a real lecture about taking either of the girls out in the morning or evening. We took the girls for a walk right after breakfast this morning. I did bundle Mei Mei up quite well, she is used to the warmer weather and I don’t want her to get chilled. Baby Bug I just put a light sweater on, so the older people at the park didn’t stop me and chew me out. Baby Bug draws lots of stares and positive comments; everyone seems pleased she is going to a home LOL. No one realizes it is Mei Mri we are picking up. Mei Mei does look like a white person with her blond hair and blue eyes. She has the rosiest cheeks and a dimple in her left cheek. I think she is the happiest baby I have ever seen. She has especially taken to papa. Today she said two new things. This afternoon while we were getting ready for a second walk Mei Mei was afraid she would be left behind and started calling at dad “papa papa papa.” It was precious. Then a little while ago I was playing with her with Bo bo (said Boe Boe) her soft doll and Mei Mei grabbed Bo bo from me and crowed “got it!” She is picking things up quickly and is a real flirt too. :-) She is smart but delayed. It is obvious she has had little human interaction in her life. She is accepting playing, touching, and cuddling much more each day. She has reached for me to hold her twice now! Something funny we have found out, if you put her in a stroller she falls right to sleep and stays asleep until you take her out of the stroller.
Lisa should bring her birth certificate this afternoon, and then tomorrow we will get her passport. Tomorrow we will be going to the minority village (like epcot for Chinese minorities) then getting on a plane at 8pm, we will not get to Gaungzhou until almost midnight. I am a little worried about Baby Bug with her not feeling well. We do not have the choice of staying in and taking it easy as we will be checked out of the hotel in the morning. Please keep her (and us) in your prayers. Dad is coming down with a travel stomach, and feels rough.
We miss you and love you all.

No comments: