Saturday, September 29, 2007

It was a rainy day in Beijing yesterday; unfortunately it looks like
it will be today too. We are headed to the great wall today.
Yesterday dad and I woke up about 3 am and Baby Bug slept in until
around 5am. We called home and Baby Bug bounced off the walls until
breakfast. :-) When we went down to breakfast the buffet looked so
good!!!! There were lots of different kinds of food and it all
looked yummy. Unfortunately, none of it tasted very good, although
Baby Bug loved the watermelon LOL. Dad and I had a hard time finding
any thing to eat. Dad left the buffet hungry, and I filled up on
lychee with yogurt over it. It wasn't that anything was bad, the
cook had just never heard of seasonings of any kind. Baby Bug and I
couldn't even eat the fried noodles. :-( By this time it was
pouring outside. Dad called home to do business, and Baby Bug and I
probably annoyed the neighbors. Baby Bug needed a little nap before we
went out, so dad and I joined her LOL.
We went out to Tian ann min square. It was fascinating to see the
people. We were far more of a tourist attraction than the sights we
were viewing LOL. It wasn't because we were white, there were lots
of other white tourists there, and it was Baby Bug. I kept hearing
people try to figure out the white parent/Chinese child thing LOL.
The funniest thing was how many people were trying to either peg her
as white or me as Chinese. Also I her lots of comments on her
stroller mostly along the lines of "hey I want one of those." I
didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked as it was raining,
and my batteries ran out. We also went into the first court yards
of the Forbidden City. R this was where we went last time. It
was much less crowded this time as last time was during national
holiday. We bought beaded head dresses (like the ones we got last
time) for mom and I. I was also able to get a dress for E
(L's daughter) we were approached by an art student (just like
when R and I were there) and she took us to where they had some
art for sale. Dad bought one for mom, and I bought one for my
house. After that we had to hurry back to the hotel. We walked it,
it was MUCH closer then the hotel last time, and we couldn't get a
taxi in the rain. :-( We met up with a friend of mine from the
single LDS adopters group. G is a sweet heart and so much fun!
Dinner with them may be Baby Bug's favorite point of the trip LOL.
G has two daughters L and A. L is 6 and Baby Bug was
instantly in heaven. L is a little mother and was so cute with
Baby Bug. A is a cute little munchkin and reminds me of Baby Bug at
that age (2 ½) They took us to their favorite restaurant and treated
us to dinner. The food was so good!!! Dad especially loved the
fried asparagus; although he was a little concerned he might starve
with only chopsticks available. Baby Bug didn't want the evening to
end, and kept asking if we could go to a playground after dinner. I
told her it was too late for that, so she said lets go to the mall
to play on the playground. :-) I told her there was no playground
in a mall here. So Baby Bug said OK, let's go to the one by our
house. She still has no concept of how far we are from home. We
are doing great and having fun. We love you all and miss you.

No comments: