Sunday, October 21, 2007

When can we go back?

When can we go back to China? My baby brother is waiting. This is what I hear every day from Baby Bug. She thinks if two is fun three is better, plus she really thinks it is unfair that we are an all female household. LOL
Baby Bug keeps talking about how much she loved China. She says it was the best trip ever, and so much fun! Was she on the same trip as me? LOL I think half of what she loved was the fact that everyone looked like her. If you had asked me before Baby Bug came home I would have said that a child wouldn’t notice racial differences until she was older, at least school age. But I think Baby Bug noticed from day one. I think one of the reasons she wants a brother so much is that she was disappointed that Mei-Mei didn’t have brown hair and eyes like her. I also would love a son. With China's new rules, my son is probably not in China. And with my finances, my son will probably not be coming home for five years or more, adoption fees take awhile to save. Unless I have a chance to adopt through a disruption. How can I wish that on any child or family? And yet, it does happen, and it is about the only way I would be able to bring home a son in the next few years. The only other option would be marriage, and I haven’t had a date in six months. At this point it is in Gods hands.

No comments: