Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Waterless again

Well last night I cam home to no water. :-( My water meter had frozen for the THIRD time in ten days. This time it not only froze during the day, but I had left my water running a small stream all day long, and it still froze! Dad called the water department for me and they came out and thawed it out again. They removed my water meter and I will only be charged for the minimum usage until the spring thaw (yeah) but will have to leave my water running around the clock to keep it from freezing up again. (boo) It has been a cold winter, with very little snow on the ground. This has caused the frost to go deeper into the ground than normal. The water department told Dad that this is the worst year they have had for frozen meters since 1987.

No comments: